Pet and Plant Stains plus Wicking
Pet stains are the biggest source of problems for you as a home owner and for us as professional cleaners. Here are some basic tips to treat pet issues as they occur.
- Remove solid waste and dispose.
- Blot issue with a white towel or white rag, DO NOT rub or scrub.
- Continue to blot until you no longer see transfer onto the white towel.
- In a spray bottle, put 1 part white distilled vinegar (5% acidic) and 2 parts warm tap water. Spray the affected area and blot. Do not over-wet the area.
- Spray, blot, spray blot. Do not rub and scrub the area. We are trying to minimize what goes through the backing and into the pad.
- If this does not resolve the issue, please call us at 952-451-5001.
Wicking is another phenomenon of cleaning. This can occur after the cleaning is done. What happens is if there are issues (urine, juice, etc.) in the pad it will come to the surface during the drying process. If this occurs spray warm tap water and then blot the affected area until you no longer see transfer. If this doesn’t work, call us!